Nausea affects most pregnant women at some point during their pregnancy. The first 3 months are usually the worst as the system adjusts to the increasing hormone levels in the blood. After other causes are ruled out such as stomach ulcers and intestinal blockages most women can expect the nausea to get better after the 3rd or 4th month.
To help with Nausea here are some tips:
- Eat frequent small meals, not to aggravate the stomach
- Boil 1 inch peeled ginger in one cup of water, sip as often as needed
- Drink herbal teas peppermint, lemon balm, chamomile, anise and fennel which calm stomach membranes
- Consult a Naturopath or a Homeopath for a remedy for nausea, particular to your symptoms. Some of the most common Homeopathics are Ipecac and Sepia.
- A Multi B vitamin taken on a full stomach for breakfast and lunch has also been shown to decrease nausea. Don’t take Multi Bs with dinner though because they can aggravate your sleep.
There are many reasons for nausea and it is best to consult a healthcare practitioner if none of the above improve your symptoms enough.
Janice Shouldice is a Naturopath who is a member of the The Board of Directors of Drugless Therapy Naturopathy and the The Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors. She was voted by the Era Banner as the readers choice number one Naturopath for 3 years. Janice was also appointed to serve on the Complaints resolution Committee for 3 years. Janice is also a Registered Nutritional Consultant.
Janice’s treatment modalities include nutrition, complex homeopathy, herbal medicine and acupuncture. Janice treats patients with acute and/or chronic health concerns, including: skin conditions, autoimmune conditions, digestive problems, infections including parasites and heavy metal and chemical toxicities.
If you would like to learn more you can visit her website borealisnaturopathic.com or call to book an appointment 905 830 1236.